Personal data protection
With reference to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) “GDPR”, which entered into force on 25 May 2018, please be informed that:
- The controller of your personal data is the President of the Office of Electronic Communications with the registered office in Warsaw, Giełdowa 7/9, 01-211 Warsaw,
Contact details: Office of Electronic Communications (UKE), phone number:
+48 22 33 04 000, fax number: +48 22 53 49 162, contact form.
- Data Protection Officer: Mikołaj Komorowski. Contact details: phone number: +48 22 53 49 241, email: email@example.com.
- The President of UKE processes personal data in order to fulfil the legal obligations resulting, among others, from:
- the Telecommunications Act,
- the Postal Law Act,
- the Act on conformity assessment and market surveillance systems,
- the Act on conformity assessment system,
- the Act on providing information on the energy consumption by energy-consuming products and on the implementation inspection of the office equipment labelling programme,
- the Act on supporting the development of services and telecommunications networks,
- the Entrepreneurs Law Act,
- the Act on out-of-court dispute resolution,
- the National Archival Resources and Archives Act,
- the Act on access to public information,
- the Act on the protection of classified information,
- the Act on copyright and related rights.
The provision of personal data as required by legal regulations is mandatory, the provision of other data is voluntary.
Personal data may be processed by the President of UKE on the basis of your consent (e.g. when organizing educational meetings).
- Personal data processed by the President of UKE may be shared with other personal data recipients or categories of recipients:
- entities authorized to receive personal data on the basis of the relevant legal provisions (e.g. administrative bodies, courts, state services),
- entities that process personal data on behalf of UKE on the basis of personal data processing agreement concluded with UKE (e.g. entities operating UKE's information and communication systems or providing UKE with ICT tools, operators servicing and maintaining UKE’s telecommunications network, entities providing UKE with consulting services, auditing services and legal aid),
- other data controllers that process data on their own (e.g. entities involved in postal or courier activities, entities conducting payment activity),
- international organizations in connection with the performance of the statutory tasks of the President of UKE.
- Personal data is processed for the period necessary to achieve the purposes of the processing, i.e.:
- in the case of fulfilling the legal obligation of the President of UKE, for a period of time until its completion, and then for archival purposes for a period that is provided in the UKE’s office and archives regulations adopted in accordance with the National Archival Resources and Archives Act,
- personal data processed on the basis of a separate consent will be kept until its withdrawal.
- In relation to the processing of personal data by the President of UKE, you are entitled to:
- obtain a confirmation whether the President of UKE processes your personal data, and if it happens, to gain access to your data and information regarding such processing,
- obtain a copy of the personal data,
- rectify inaccurate or incomplete data on the basis of and in accordance with the principles set forth in article 16 of GDPR,
- restrict the processing of data on the basis of and in accordance with the principles set forth in article 18 of GDPR,
- request the deletion of personal data in case of consent withdrawal and the lack of any other legal basis for the processing of personal data.
You can exercise these rights by:
- submitting a request directly to UKE (at the head office at the address indicated in point 1 or at one of the UKE’s regional branches located in each voivodeship - addresses of the regional branches can be found at www.uke.gov.pl),
- sending an e-mail request to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GDPR regulations determine the extent to which the above-mentioned rights can be exercised.
The President of UKE is entitled to verify the identity of the persons submitting the requests.
- The President of UKE may ask for a consent to process personal data for purposes not specified in the legal regulations (e.g. within the framework of the educational and promotional campaigns). In such a situation, the consent may be withdrawn at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not affect the legitimacy of the processing that was performed on the basis of this consent prior to the withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office for an unlawful processing of personal data by the President of UKE.